Thursday, October 2, 2008

Remember A Time Before MySpace?

No?

Hhmmm...Interesting (tool).

Anyway, believe it or not, there was a time before MySpace (I would call it B.M. to be cute, however I don't know if it would be taken in that manner, now that I look at the abbreviation).

I went on an archeological dig around the archives of these here internets and came across this little site...no, I won't divulge the secret yet.

Regardless, here is your tour of the evolution of A Place For Friends:



The first incarnation of MySpace in 1997:




Then, in 2000, if you went to myspace.com, you would have been greeted with this:





Soon, myspace.com was a ghost town of a site in 2001. Although those who entered their e-mail addresses were sure in for a surprise...



In 2002, the site was bare, other than a general welcome screen:







Finally, the MySpace we know and love (well, personally, MySpace and I have a love/hate relationship) today started sprouting its little wings:




Then it started to evolve into even more of a familiar home page in 2004:




Looking at all of these, I began to wonder when Tom came about. Seriously!



Oh, and here's the link to the Internet Archives of which I speak.

No comments: