Friday, August 29, 2008

Day off!

So, I feel like something of a hypocrite right now. Yesterday, I was practically gushing about waking up early. But then today was the first day in more than two weeks I was able to turn off my alarm clock and sleep in, thanks to our office deciding we should have a four-day weekend. And, what time did I end up getting up? 1:20 p.m.

Granted, I let myself go out last night until last call at a bar with some friends. But it's not like I was passed out; I had water the whole time. (No money for much else.) I think I just needed the sleep, too.

So when I woke up finally, I had to do something big. So, I decided to stencil the kitchen.

After looking [in vain] for a half hour for the stencil I bought months ago, I went back to the craft store to buy another.


Once I got back, I transformed this:



To this:




With that finished, I needed to add the final touch I had wanted to add before we even closed on the house:


Now, before you judge the fact we haven't painted the windows yet, please look at what the kitchen looked like right after we moved in (sorry, I had gotten excited and started ripping as much wallpaper off the wall as I could the first day):

No comments: