Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day, followed by anti-Labor Day


Yesterday we had our first big get-together at our house. We threw a last-minute Labor Day picnic. And it was fabulous. Unfortunately, I actually got a slight buzz from some sugary-type drinks.

This morning, I had forgotten to turn my alarm clock on. I woke up a little on the weird side: the sugar rush had worn off, I slept an hour-and-a-half later than I normally do, and because I forgot to grab my work shoes, I had to turn around and I was late for work. My whole day was off. I tried to stick to my diet, but once we found out the A/C was broken in our office, I was miserably hot and all I wanted was a sandwich, some salt & vinegar ships and a nice, cold soda. My entire day was completely anti-Emily A. and reminiscent of Emily P. But sometimes that's a nice thing.

No comments: