Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Rule The World!


OK, so just a small country...OK, I lied, a small country on the Internet...OK, OK, it's fictional!


No, it's not Online Risk. (Ooh, I should look that up once I'm drunk with Internet-induced power!) I could never play that anyway. It's built up too much in my mind, I wouldn't want disappointment.


Anyway, I re-discovered NationStates, a nice daily game in which you rule your own country. You ge a question every week day to answer for your country. The question usually involves a law to pass or reject (or they have an ignore button for the lazy politician). But the great thing is, once you decide on what position to take with the law, the country changes. The tiniest decision has the ability to make a huge impact on the country in ways you might not think. And, because laws are passed and put into effect overnight, the next day, the country has already changed. It's kind of a fun thing to watch.


I was into it a few years ago, but I ended up forgetting my password and never bothering to find it again, so my country was deleted after 28 days of inactivity. (Don't worry, there's a vacation mode for when you can't handle issues right away).


But, they've also updated the site with a RSS feed that you can use for your countries issues and telegrams, so now I have it right on my Google Reader.


By the way, if you happen to join and want to say "Hi", I'm the Empire of WhyLime.


No comments: